Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lollicup: The Pearl of Mills-50

It's a yellow outcrop of a much bigger complex. And the golden ticket is the Taracado. It's unexpectedly yummy. Welcome to bizarre Wonka-like Lollicup.

You'll meet Tom- the Asian Willy Wonka. His mustache is long enough to pique your curiosity. A charming chap, he's there to make all the little kiddies happy and introduce them to BOBA (tapioca pearls) and other exotic concoctions.

Lollicup's a drink-specific franchise that is focused on bringing some very foreign flavors and textures to Orlando. It also makes iced-coffee and at one point (though not any more) served delectable small sandwiches called Bahn Mi (I’d advise them to bring those back).
I went there originally because I've seen their sunflower-like sign so many times that one fine day I found myself with a few extra bucks to spend on something I really didn't know anything about.
WAS I LUCKY, OR WHAT? Tom's assistant, a very sweet woman (whom I didn't get introduced to) gave me A-grade advice. Rather than suggesting some sweet tropical fruit blend, she peered straight into my eyes and said "Try the Taracado. It's very good. You won't believe it." It was a risk worth taking- Taro root and Avocado- but it turned out to being equivalent to giving someone a drink of water after a very long walk in the Florida sun. HEAVENLY. As soon was the frozen blend hit my tongue, all my salivary glands exploded simultaneously. My pupils dilated denoting a ‘wow’ moment. My tongue wrapped around that straw like a boa constrictor. Need I say more?

Creamy, sweet, made with real avocado, this drink has been a frequent visitor to my mouth ever since. Taracado is like a seductive one-night stand that just can’t be one. It keeps appearing in your mind every time you jones for a sweet treat. And she can be as deceptively naughty in vanishing after the performance.

IN A NUT SHELL: Follow the neon signs of Lollicup or you'll miss it. For $5, take a chance on your very own Wonka-experience on Mills-50 at Lollicup. Though they have a vast menu, the Taracado is a clear front-runner. If you think you’re going to go there a lot, get a frequent visitor card that they punch after every purchase- the tenth one should be free.
Lollicup Coffee & Tea on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers