Thursday, March 17, 2011

Patrick's St Patrick's Day


It’s fortunate to have really good friends that are really good cooks. Patrick is known in my circle to host great gatherings accompanied with delicious food.

For St Patrick’s Day, Patrick created a sumptuous meal of Dubliner’s Cheese Soup, Corned Beef, Red Cabbage with Bleu Cheese, and Red-skin Mashed Potatoes.






To end things, a key lime pie (nothing ‘green’ or Irish about it except for the decorative accessory on top of it) was served with coffee.

I did want to mention the soup since it was so tasty and oh so apropos- Dubliner’s Cheese and with Guinness Beer married so well into the soup that it was flawless.

Patrick, if you’re reading this, it was well worth the 2 hours that you slaved over the stove for just for this soup. Great and delicious things develop slow and low!

I didn’t expect a sit-down meal. But I ended up taking leftovers home with me- after I helped with the dishes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers